Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thank God for love

As the Apostle Paul wrote to Philemon, so he writes to us:

Grace to you and peace
from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ.

As I mention you in my prayers,
I thank God for your love
toward all the people of God
and for your faith toward the Lord Jesus.

I pray your sharing of faith
may become effective
as you know every good
given for the glory of Christ.

For I have received great joy
and encouragement from your love,
and the hearts of the saints
have been refreshed through you.

©2013, Mary Sayler, prayer-a-phrase of today’s Daily Bible Reading in Philemon 1:3-7

~~~

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and poetic, Mary; a true expression of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's why I love reading Paul's letters in a literal translation that stays close to the original, giving us a feel for his voice and, often, his very, very long but poetic sentences. :)

    ReplyDelete

What the Bible Says About Love - the book

God IS love. From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible reveals the timeless, unchanging, ever-present love of God the Father, Son, and Holy S...